Deadline: October 15, 2022
Entry fee: $10
About the competition
A submission is one original short story, written in English, up to 1,000 words. This contest is open only to emerging writers who have not yet published a book of short fiction with an ISBN.
- A submission is one original short story, written in English, up to 1,000 words.
- The author’s name should not appear on the manuscript or in the file name.
- Submissions must be typed and double-spaced; pages must be numbered.
- Please use a standard font, either Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font size.
- Do not use bold or italics unless necessary.
- Do not include a cover page. Include your title on the first page of the manuscript.
- Please do not include professional resumes or biographies with your entry. Entries are judged anonymously; the judges only consider manuscript quality.
- Please take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please use manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.
- Content is not limited to Tennessee Williams or New Orleans-related themes.
- Include a word count on the first page.
- Revisions or edits will not be accepted once submitted for judging.
- Submit your entry here.