Deadline: August 31, 2022
Entry fee: £12
About the competition
The 2022 Exeter Story Prize is now open. Entries must be submitted by no later than midnight on the closing date of 31st August 2022.
The competition is open to anyone in the world and is for stories of up to five thousand words on any theme.
Each story submitted will receive brief feedback in the form of one or two sentences. A more detailed one page appraisal will still be available for an extra fee. Reports and feedback are sent out once the long list has been posted.
We are delighted that Sunday Times Bestselling author, Trisha Ashley is once again offering an award. This year she has asked us for a selection of ‘humorous, engaging and quirky‘ stories to choose from.
Winning stories from the 2021 Exeter Story Prize can be found HERE and from previous years via the drop down Competitions menu above.
- Entries received after the closing date of 31st August 2022 will not be accepted.
- The Exeter Story Prize is for a story of up to five thousand words in English. There is no minimum word count.Stories may be on any theme.
- The judges will decide which stories will be put forward for the Trisha Ashley Award.
- Stories should not have been previously published in print, on the internet or broadcast.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed but please be prepared to withdraw your entry if it is a prizewinner elsewhere.
- Entries can only be submitted electronically via this site and the payment made via Paypal.
- Entrants should be over 18 years of age.
- Only doc, docx, pdf and rtf files will be accepted. Any other formats will be disqualified. Please present your work in Times New Roman or Arial, 12 pt, 1.5 or double-spaced. The file title should be the same as your story title. Your name should not appear anywhere on the story.
- Feedback and reports will be sent out when the long list is posted on the site. The winners will be announced at a date tba.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- CreativeWritingMatters reserves the right to publish the stories winning cash prizes.
- Read the whole guideline and enter the contest here.