Deadline: October 16, 2022
Entry fee: $15
About the competition
Submit a collection of 2-4 original, unpublished poems of any style or theme, written in English, with a combined length of up to 400 lines. This contest is open only to emerging writers who have not yet published a book of poetry with an ISBN. Those who have published books in other genres besides poetry remain eligible.
- Submit a collection of 2-4 original, unpublished poems of any style or theme, written in English, with a combined length of up to 400 lines.
- The author’s name must not appear on the collection or in the file name.
- Pages must be numbered.
- Please use a standard font, either Times New Roman, Arial, or Georgia in 12 point font size.
- Do not use bold or italics unless necessary.
- Give a unique title to the collection of your submission, as well as a title for each individual poem.
- Please do not include professional resumes or biographies with your entry. Entries are judged anonymously; the judges only consider manuscript quality.
- Please take the judges of the contest into consideration. If you know the judges personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops they instructed, please send manuscripts that the judges would not have seen before.
- Content is not limited to Tennessee Williams or New Orleans-related themes.
- Include a total line count for the collection on the first page.
- Revisions or edits will not be accepted once submitted for judging.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.