Deadline: December 1, 2022
Entry fee: $15
About the competition
Every year, Poetry International gives a prize of $1,000 and publication in Poetry International for a single poem. Editors of Poetry International will judge each submission. Submit up to 3 poems with a $15 entry fee. Each additional poem will require $3 extra.
We are looking for chapbooks with consistently strong poems—poems that speak to one another lyrically and thematically. A review of the finalists and winners from recent competitions has revealed that the strongest chapbooks are typically the shortest; as a result, we have changed the page limit and invite you to send a gathering of your strongest work to be considered for Poetry International’s Tiny Chapbook Competition.
- In the “Title” box, only provide the name of all poems (ex: “House” “Tree” “Car”) — this makes it easier for our Editorial Assistants to track your entries/poems. Feel free to use key words if your titles are long.
- Only previously unpublished work is eligible for consideration.
- Provide your contact information (including email and phone) & titles of all poems submitted in the cover letter.
- No identifying information should appear anywhere on the submission. Keep the submission simple and easy to read, avoid unusual fonts. Please no illustrations.
- ALL poems/entries are to be uploaded to Submittable within a single document (i.e. only ONE PDF, .doc, or .docx file is needed to submit “X” number of poems/entries, per submission) – We prefer doc and docx files
- Simultaneous submission allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously. Please note whether or not any poems/entries are simultaneous submissions.
- Poems translated from other languages are eligible ONLY IF you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
- Enter the competition here.