Deadline: April 27, 2023
Entry fee: $15
About the competition
The competition is organized by F(r)iction, a literary journal published by Brink Literacy Project. The competition is open to anyone over the age of thirteen.
F(r)iction accepts work, written in English, from anywhere in the world—regardless of genre, style, or origin—and welcome speculative writing and experimental literature. Strange is good. Strange with a strong character arc is even better. Keep it weird, folks.
All work must be previously unpublished.
There are four catregories:
• Short Story: 1,001 – 7,500 words. Judge: Jennifer Wortman.
• Creative Nonfiction: up to 6,500 words. Judge: Charlie Claire Burgess.
• Poetry: up the three pages per poem. Judge: Kyle Carrero Lopez.
• Flash Fiction: up to 1,000 words per piece. Judge: Exodus Oktavia Brownlow.
When submitting via Submittable, the submission management system we use, there will be space within the form itself to enter your cover letter. Your cover letter should be short and sweet. We don’t need a whole lot of information here, but we do need the following:
- Title and category (short fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, comic) of your piece(s)
- If you are submitting prose, please include the word count in your cover letter. You do not need to include the word count if you are submitting poetry
- A short bio (100 word maximum)
- Read the whole guideline and enter the competition here.