Deadline: February 19, 2023
Entry fee: $15
About the competition
The Quill and Ink Literary Festival will be awarding three authors across the categories of fiction, nonfiction and poetry. A special fourth award will be given to a standout self-published manuscript. Both traditionally published and self-published authors of book-length manuscripts may enter into the fiction, nonfiction, and poetry categories. Each winner will receive a $1,500 honorarium based upon the condition that they pay for their own travel to Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois and teach a workshop, which will be determined by the festival, that centers around the material featured in their creative work. A two-night hotel stay will be provided by the festival.
- Must have a book-length manuscript of fiction, nonfiction, or poetry that was traditionally published or self-published between 2020-2022.
- Create a cover letter including your name, where you’re from, title of work, genre category, explanation of your publishing process, and any relevant information about yourself that you would like the committee to know.
- Submit a $15 submission fee to our SalukiFunder.
- Include your name with your donation to our SalukiFunder donor wall so the committee can confirm that you have paid the submission fee.
- Submit your published manuscript in a PDF format, with your cover letter, to our email. If you cannot submit your manuscript electronically, please contact us so we can figure out a way for you to get us your work.
- Wait for a response from the committee.
Pay $15 submission fee: salukifunder.siu.edu/quillandinkfestival
Send all submissions to: [email protected]