Deadline: April 30, 2022
Entry fee: $15
About the contest
- with the support of the Adrienne Rich Literary Trust
- $1,500 prize for a single poem
- Judge: Jane Hirshfield
- Submissions Open February 1 – April 30
- Submit 1-3 unpublished poems on any subject in any style up to a maximum of 10 pages per entry. (We enjoy long poems!)
- Reading fee of $15 per entry. A limited number of complimentary entries are available to poets for whom the fee presents a hardship. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
- Submitters paying the reading fee may purchase a discounted 1-year subscription to the BPJ. (An additional shipping charge applies to international subscribers.)
- Simultaneous submissions welcome. Please notify us immediately of publication elsewhere by leaving a message in Submittable.
- We regret we that cannot accept entries after the deadline or changes to poems after submission.
- Please no translations (though we are happy to see these during our regular reading periods).
- Kindly refrain from placing your name anywhere on the attached manuscript.
- The editors will consider all submissions for publication.
- Finalists will be notified in the summer; the winner will be announced and published in the Fall issue of the BPJ.
- We follow the CLMP Guidelines for contests and are committed, in all we do, to the highest ethical standards. If you are a personal friend, family member, or student of any BPJ editor or of the judge, or if you are a former or current intern or staff member of the BPJ, please refrain from submitting.
- Submit your entry here.