Deadline: June 15, 2022
Reading fee: $15
About the contest
This is an annual national short fiction contest that features a first-place $2,500 cash award and an invitation to an awards dinner; a second-place cash prize of $750; and a third-place cash prize of $500. The winner stories will be published in the print issue of Fall of Philadelphia Stories. The Marguerite McGlinn Prize for Fiction is made possible by the generous support of the McGlinn and Hansma families. We especially encourage writers from underrepresented groups and backgrounds to send their work.
- Deadline: June 15, 2022
- Previously unpublished works of fiction up to 8,000 words. Please note, “published” includes any work published in print or online, including online magazines, blogs, public social media sites, etc.
- Multiple submissions will be accepted for the contest only. Simultaneous submissions are also accepted, however, we must be notified immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Only authors currently residing in the United States are eligible.
- Submissions will only be accepted via the website. Please email PhiladelphiaStoriesContes[email protected] if you are having any trouble with your submission.
- There is a $15 reading fee for each story submitted.
- All entrants will receive a complimentary copy of the Philadelphia Stories contest issue.
- Submit your story here.