Deadline: September 30, 2022
Entry fee: $15
About the competition
Creative nonfiction may include memoirs, chronicles, personal essays, humorous perspectives, literary journalism—anything the author has witnessed, experienced, learned, or discovered. Pieces may be previously published or unpublished, and simultaneous submissions are accepted. Winner receives $1,000 and a bronze medallion. Finalists receive $100. Winner and finalists are published in both the online and annual print editions of The Lascaux Review.
- Entry fee is $15.
- Writers may enter more than once.
- Length should not exceed 10,000 words.
- All topics are welcome; pieces should be written in a nonacademic style.
- Judges are the journal’s editors.
- Writers retain all rights to their work at all times.
- Contest participants receive free downloads of the Lascaux volumes to date. Because editors are dispersed geographically the review is unable to accept submissions via postal mail.
- Make sure Submittable is on your safe list. Please submit your work by 30 September 2022.
- Submit your work here.