Deadline: October 01, 2022
Entry fee: £16
About the competition
The 2022 Grindstone International Novel Prize is open to authors from all around the world, and is aimed at discovering and elevating new and unsung authors. Authors may submit finished or part-finished manuscripts providing they are not currently represented by an agent. We forward all longlisted works to some of the best agencies in the UK such as Curtis Brown Books, Conville and Walsh, Janklow & Nesbitt, the Paper Literary Agency, the Good Literary Agency, and so many more. A full list can be found on our Affiliated Agents Page.
- Entries must be made using Grindstone Literary’s online submission Dashboard (accessible at the top of this page, or via the submit button below).
- Entrants will be required to sign up to use this platform (or log in if previously registered). This platform is FREE, and requires no payment to use. It is required only to allow users to make submissions and view the results of a competition and any feedback they have requested. Note: Payment is still required to submit an entry.
- Entrants may visit: https://user.grindstoneliterary.com at any time to register an account or log in, or click the ‘Dashboard’ link at the top of this page.
- Once an account has been registered and verified, you can submit by clicking the ‘Novel Prize’ button on the left-hand menu, or by clicking the submit button at the bottom of this page.
- More information on our User Dashboard system can be found on this blog post.
- Entry fees must be paid at the time of entry using PayPal. Entrants who do not have a PayPal account may sign up for free, or use the ‘Check Out As Guest’ option below the payment button if available in their country of residence. If you are unable to use PayPal for a specific reason, please get in touch with us prior to entering.
- The winning entries will be announced via email and on social media. You may also view the result of your submission in your user dashboard following the announcement date.
- Submit your entry here.