Deadline: November 15, 2022
Entry fee: $17
About the competition
The annual Carve Magazine Prose & Poetry Contest seeks the best fiction, nonfiction, and poetry from writers all over the world. A guest judge in each genre selects one winner to be awarded a $1000 cash prize and winners are published in our spring issue in April.
The contest opens annually on October 1 and runs through mid-November.
- Entry Fees: $17 for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.
- One poem, essay, or short story per entry. No limit to number of entries.
- Story, essay, or poem must be previously unpublished (including online).
- 10,000 maximum word count for fiction and nonfiction; 2,000 maximum for poetry.
- We accept entries from anywhere in the world, but the work must be in English.
- No genre works (romance, horror, sci-fi, etc.); literary prose and poetry only.
- Winners of the past two Raymond Carver and Prose & Poetry contests are ineligible.
- There are no refunds on entry fees for any reason.
- No cover page or author info in document. All identifying information in Submittable is concealed for the contest.
- No mailed submissions accepted for this contest.
- Submit your entry here.