Deadline: August 31, 2022
Entry fee: £18
About the competition
The Creative Writing Award is open to Poetry and Short Fiction submissions on any theme, however, we are particularly interested in works that reflect upon our ever changing world.
Previous anthologies have harnessed the power of language to explore an age of unprecedented change and uncertainty. They have expressed complex emotions – telling personal and global stories. Our 2021 shortlisted works connected readers to a profound sense of self as well as their shared humanity: friendships, fairytales and romantic relationships told in new ways.
We are looking for pieces that challenge us – that redefine the parameters of form, concept and technique. Winning pieces have reflected upon both social and political structures, human relationships and experiences. They have pushed the boundaries of imagination – providing new possibilities and ideas. To find out more about our shortlist, view our Success Stories here.
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines.
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words.
- Works published or entered elsewhere are accepted.
- We accept works on any theme.
- You may enter the Award as many times as you wish, although each work requires a fee and new submission form.
- For more information, read our FAQs here or for our refund policy. For further enquiries please email: [email protected]
- Submit your poetry entry here.
- Enter your short fiction here.