Deadline: September 1, 2023
Entry fee: £18
About the competition
The Manchester Fiction Prize asks for a short story of up to 2,500 words in length. Titles, blank lines and page numbers are not included in the word count. Quotations, dedications and epigraphs should be included. Stories submitted should be new work, not previously published elsewhere. The Prize is open internationally to those aged 16 or over.
- The Manchester Writing Competition: the Manchester Fiction Prize 2023 and the Manchester Poetry Prize 2023 (the “Competition”) is organised by the Manchester Metropolitan University (“Manchester Met”).
- The Competition is open internationally to anyone aged 16 or over who is not excluded by these Rules. There is no upper age limit for entry.
- Members of Manchester Met staff (who may also be students) are excluded from being eligible to enter. Manchester Met students (who are not also members of staff) are permitted to enter.
- The deadline for submission of writing (“entries”) is 5pm (UK time) on 1st September 2023. Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.