Deadline: April 10, 2023
Entry fee: $20
About the competition
This international prize is open to unagented writers anywhere in the world for the first five pages (1,250 words) of a longer work of fiction or creative nonfiction. This year we will award three prizes in BOTH fiction and creative nonfiction! In addition to cash awards, winners receive developmental mentoring, consultation with a literary agent, and publicity.
- Entrants must be individuals (not a company or organization) and submission must be the entrant’s original work.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age at the time of entering their work.
- Entrants must be currently unagented. If you are represented by or signed with an agent, you are NOT eligible to enter.
- If an entrant signs with an agent prior to winners being announced they must notify First Pages Prize immediately to withdraw and their entry fee will be refunded (minus fees).
- Entrants may submit more than one entry. Each entry needs to be submitted as a separate entry and you need to pay the fee for each entry.
- Entrants must submit the work using their name, not a pen name. A pen name may be used when announcing their win, if requested.
- By entering, entrants accept that their email address is added to the mailing list of the First Pages Prize.
- By entering, winners accept that quotes from their entry and their photo and bio details may be used to promote the First Pages Prize.
- This competition is NOT OPEN to members of the board or employees of The First Page Prize, Inc., The de Groot Foundation, the reviewers or judge. Family members of the aforementioned are also NOT eligible.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.