Deadline: April 1, 2023
Entry fee: $20
About the competition
The winners will also be flown to Tulsa from a domestic airport location for the Awards Ceremony and Writing Conference in October or, if global health situations do not allow for an in-person conference, winners will take part in a virtual Awards Ceremony and reading. All finalists in fiction and poetry will be published and paid at our standard publication rate. Semi-finalists in poetry will also be published and paid at our standard publication rate.
- 3-10 pages of poetry (one long poem or several short poems)
- No previously published works or works accepted for publication elsewhere. Author’s name must not appear on the manuscript. Include a cover sheet containing titles, author’s name, full address, phone number, and email.
- The Nimrod Literary Awards are open internationally.
- Work may be submitted online using our online submission manager system.
- “Contest Entry” should be clearly indicated on both the outer envelope and the cover sheet. Manuscripts should be stapled, if possible; if not, please bind with a heavy clip. Manuscripts will not be returned. Include SASE for results only. If no SASE is sent, no contest results will be sent; however, the results will be posted on Nimrod’s website.
- Mail to:
Nimrod International Journal
Literary Contest–Fiction or Poetry (indicate the appropriate category)
The University of Tulsa
800 S. Tucker Dr.
Tulsa, OK 74104
- Each entry must each be accompanied by a $20 fee. Make checks payable to Nimrod. $20 includes both entry fee & a one-year subscription (two issues). Writers may submit multiple entries, but each entry must include its own $20 fee.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.