Deadline: April 2, 2023
Entry fee: $20
About the competition
Every year The Masters Review opens submissions to produce our anthology, a collection of ten stories and essays written by the best emerging authors. Our aim is to showcase ten writers who we believe will continue to produce great work. The ten winners are nationally distributed in a printed book with their stories and essays exposed to top agents, editors, and authors across the country. Our third volume was awarded the Silver Medal for Best Short Story Collection through the INDIEFAB Awards in 2015, and our fourth volume was an honorable mention for best anthology.
- Previously unpublished works of fiction and narrative nonfiction only
- Up to 7000 words
- We accept simultaneous submissions as long as work is withdrawn if it is accepted elsewhere
- Multiple submissions are allowed
- International English submissions allowed
- Emerging Writers Only. Writers must not have published a novel-length work at the time of submission (authors of short story collections and self-published titles can submit as can authors with novels or memoirs with a low distribution [no more than 5000 copies])
- Standard formatting please (double-spaced, 12 pt font, pages numbered)
- $20 entry fee
- Deadline: April 2nd, 2023
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.