Deadline: November 1, 2023
Entry fee: $20
About the competition
With an award of $1,000 for the winning poem, the Edwin Markham Prize honors outstanding works of poetry. Our taste is eclectic and celebrates the wonderful diversity of forms, styles, and levels of diction available to the contemporary poet. We do not accept previously published work. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately if your work is selected for publication elsewhere. Writers may submit up to five (5) poems per submission.
- include your name, address, phone number, and email address within cover letter (exclude from works themselves)
- format poems in 12-point font
- submit up to five poems in a single document
- number pages
- provide a brief 50-word bio
- make sure your Submittable profile is up-to-date
The contest reading fee is $20, which includes a free copy of the latest edition of Reed. (Please note that submitters with US addresses on file will receive print copies of the journal, whereas those with international addresses may receive digital copies.) Multiple submissions are accepted as separate entries. Contest submissions not selected for final judging may still be considered for publication in the journal and/or online.
Read the whole guideline and submit an entry here.