Deadline: November 30, 2023
Entry fee: $20
About the competition
Narratively is currently accepting submissions for their 2023 Memoir Prize. They are looking for revealing and emotional first-person nonfiction narratives from unique and overlooked points of view. The guest judge is New York Times bestselling memoirist Stephanie Land.
- Ready-to-publish pieces only — no pitches accepted
- Word count: 2,000 to 7,000
- Nonfiction, written in the first person and in English (translations permitted)
- Original and previously unpublished as a written work
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but must notify Narratively if entry is accepted elsewhere.
- Multiple submissions from a single author are permitted, but each must be submitted and paid for individually.
- Adaptations from other media (podcasts, scripts, etc.) are permitted with disclosure.
- Any citations should be in endnote form and listed at the end of the Submission.
- Please remove your name and contact information from your Submission.
- Narratively prefers common fonts such as Times New Roman and Arial, at 10-12-point size, double spaced, for ease of reading. Please do not include images or graphics.
- Read the whole guideline and submit an entry here.