Deadline: November 1, 2022
Entry fee: $25
About the competition
The FC2 Ronald Sukenick Innovative Fiction Contest is open to writers of, from, or in the US writing in English who have not previously published with FC2. Submissions may include a collection of short stories, one or more novellas, or a novel of any length. There is no length requirement. Works that have previously appeared in magazines or in anthologies may be included. Translations and previously published or self-published novels and collections are not eligible. To avoid conflict of interest, employees and Board members of FC2, as well as former or current students or close friends of the final judge, are not eligible to enter. FC2 remains dedicated to recruiting new and diverse makers of the images of tomorrow and to forging an ever more representative and provocative collective to challenge and overwrite the brutal conventions of our insufficient now. We particularly encourage submissions from writers who dismantle assumed points of view and dominant narratives.
Entries for the 2023 contest can be submitted from August 15, 2022 through November 1, 2022. The winner will be announced in May 2023.
- Submit a previously unpublished manuscript of any length through our online submissions manager. Electronic submissions only.
- The manuscript must be anonymous. The author’s name or address must not appear anywhere on the manuscript. The title page should contain the title of the manuscript only. Pages should be numbered consecutively. Files should be uploaded as a MS Word document or PDF.
- Please include a cover letter, including a brief biography and your name and contact information, in the space allotted on the submission form.
- Include a $25 submission fee. Submission of more than one manuscript is permissible if each manuscript is submitted separately and accompanied by a $25 submission fee. Simultaneous submissions to other publishers are permitted, but FC2 must be notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- Enter the competition here.