Deadline: October 1, 2022
Entry fee: $25
About the competition
The Missouri Review, an American literary magazine, is currently accepting submissions for the 32nd Jeffrey E. Smith Editors’ Prize. There are three categories – fiction, poetry, and nonfiction.
Writers can submit one piece of fiction or nonfiction up to 8,500 words or any number of poems up to 10 pages.
Entries must be previously unpublished.
- Submit one piece of fiction or nonfiction up to 8,500 words or any number of poems up to 10 pages. Please double-space fiction and nonfiction entries.
- Multiple submissions and simultaneous submissions are welcome, but you must pay a separate fee for each entry and withdraw the piece immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Entries must be previously unpublished.
- Standard Entry fee: $25. Each entrant receives a one-year subscription to the Missouri Review in digital format (normal price $24) and a digital copy of the fifth title in our imprint, TMR Books, Private Lives, a short story anthology by former Editors’ Prize-winners and contributors (normal price $7.95).
- “All Access” Entry fee: $30. In addition to the one-year digital subscription to the Missouri Review and Private Lives, the “All Access” entry fee grants access to the last 10 years of digital issues and the audio recordings of each digital issue.
- Previous winners of the Editors’ Prize and current University of Missouri students and faculty are ineligible.
- Previous Editors’ Prize finalists are welcome to enter again.
- Enter the competition here.