Deadline: October 9, 2023
Entry fee: £25
About the competition
Entering a writing competition is a fantastic way to put your work in front of a publisher. We are therefore hugely excited to be working with Canelo, one of the largest independent digitally focused publishers in Europe and one of the largest UK fiction publishers by volume, to find the best, as yet unpublished, manuscripts.
I Am In Print are excited to be working with Canelo, one of the largest independent digitally focused publishers in Europe and one of the largest UK fiction publishers by volume, to find the best, as yet unpublished, manuscripts. Novels entered must be complete, written in English and be between 70,000 and 100,000 words. The award is open to writers globally and novels written for an adult audience in the following genres are welcome: Action thriller, Cosy mystery, Crime, Historical adventure, Horror, Psychological thriller, Romance, Saga. First prize is £1000 plus a 60 minute online consultation with a Canelo Editor!
- Manuscripts entered into the I Am In Print Novel Award must be complete, written in English and be between 70,000 and 100,000 words. The award is open to writers globally and novels written for an adult audience in the following genres are welcome
- Entries from writers currently represented by a literary agent or under contract with a traditional publisher will not be accepted. Equally if this same work has been self-published or placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a different competition it should not be entered. Please read the full terms and conditions and entry requirements below. Entries that fall outside of the specified criteria will not be judged.
- Judges: The winners will be decided by the editorial team at Canelo.
- Entry: £25 (Includes 20% VAT)
- Canelo Masterclasses: The entry price includes a ticket to a selection of live online masterclasses hosted by Canelo on Thursday 30 November. These sessions will also be recorded and available for a limited time on replay. All competition entrants will be emailed after the competition closes with details of how to join. For those of you not ready to enter the competition, you will also have the opportunity to watch these masterclasses for a separate fee. More information to be announced soon.
- The Writing Sphere Members Discount: If you are a paying member of The Writing Sphere at the time of entering the competition you are able to enter for a 50% discounted rate of £12.50. Please see the full Terms and Conditions / FAQs below for more details.
- Additional Opportunities: Here at I Am In Print we constantly endeavor to increase opportunities for all and strive to work with agents and publishers to increase diversity on the bookshelf. We therefore want to support those who are financially challenged or under-represented. For this reason we are offering the following concessions
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.