Deadline: August 31, 2022
Entry fee: $25
About the competition
The Off the Grid Prize continues into its tenth year, recognizing the work of older poets and highlighting important contemporary voices in American poetry. We are looking for work by poets over sixty, ripened in craft and vision, and sufficiently sprightly to promote their work through readings and networks.
The competition is open only to poets aged 60 years or older.
2. Submissions will be open from May 1 to August 31, 2022. The winner will be announced in December of 2022.
3. The winner will receive $1,000 and publication. The entry fee is $25.
4. Manuscripts must be typed, paginated, and at least 50 pages in length. Manuscripts must have a table of contents and include a list of acknowledgments for poems previously published. There should be one title page with the book title only. All contact information (name, address, phone, email) should be included in the cover letter submitted via Submittable.
5. Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 35 pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished. Previously self-published books are not eligible.
6. We are no longer accepting paper submissions. Please submit online via Submittable.
7. If, in our judgment, no submission is worthy of publication, the press reserves the right not to publish any book.
8. Send inquiries to [email protected]