Deadline: December 31, 2023
Entry fee: $25
About the competition
The competition is organized by Tampa Review, a literary magazine produced at The University of Tampa in Tampa, United States. The competition is open to anyone.
Entrants should submit a collection of poems. Manuscripts must be previously unpublished. Some or all of the poems in the collection may have appeared in periodicals, chapbooks, or anthologies, but these must be identified.
Manuscripts must be at least 48 typed pages. The preferred length is between 60 and 100 pages.
The winner receives a cash prize of US$2,000 and book publication.
Selected poems will be published in Tampa Review.
- Manuscripts must be previously unpublished. Some or all of the poems in the collection may have appeared in periodicals, chapbooks, or anthologies, but these must be identified.
- Manuscripts must be at least 48 typed pages; we prefer a length of 60-100 pages but will also consider submissions falling outside this range. Manuscript pages should be consecutively numbered.
- Entries should include a separate title page with author’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address (if available).
- Entries must include a table of contents and a separate acknowledgments page (or pages) identifying prior publication credits.
- Submissions are open from October 1- January 31. Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but the University of Tampa Press must be notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- A nonrefundable handling fee of $25 is required for each manuscript submitted. Submissions are not complete until this fee has been sent using any major credit card via our secure online service. (There is an additional small electronic payment processing fee.)
- Read the whole guideline and submit an entry here.