Deadline: September 19, 2022
Entry fee: £26.00
About the competition
The competition is organized by Mslexia, a British magazine for women writers. The competition is for women who are not yet published as novelists.
The competition is open to unpublished novels of at least 20,000 words in any genre for children and/or young adult readers.
Entries should be in English or English dialect.
The winner will receive £5,000.
- You do not have to subscribe to Mslexia to be eligible, but you do have to self-identify as a woman. We will accept entries from women of any age of any nationality from any country. This includes under-18s.
- No entrant may win more than one prize in any one competition. If the judge/s include more than one anonymized entry by the same writer in the winners’ list, the lower-placed entry will be eliminated to allow the maximum number of writers to win prizes.
- Entries that have won a prize in any other competition are not eligible.
- Entries should not be a translation of another author’s work.
- Short Story, Flash Fiction and Poetry competitions are for unpublished writing.
- Adult Novel, Children’s & YA Novel, and Memoir competitions are for unpublished novelists. Authors who have had a novel/memoir published in any country by a traditional means – that is, chosen for publication via an editorial process – are ineligible to enter.
- Submit your entry and read the whole guideline here.