Deadline: December 15, 2022
Entry fee: $27
About the competition
The prize will be administered by the editors of Longleaf Press. The winning manuscript is to be selected by this year’s judge, Roger Weingarten, and will be published by Longleaf Press in January of 2024.
Along with publication, the author will receive a $1000 prize, 25 author copies, and a virtual reading.
The submission deadline is Dec. 15 through Submittable. A decision will be announced by February 1, 2023.
- Please submit an original manuscript in English of 50-80 pages.
- Intimate friends, relatives, or current and former students of judges are not eligible to submit.
- Multiple submissions are acceptable as long as they are submitted separately with separate entry fees.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please be sure to withdraw your submission via Submittable if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Please update any changes in contact information via your profile on Submittable.
- No revisions to submitted manuscripts will be considered. The author of the winning manuscript will have the opportunity to edit mistakes and suggest revisions prior to publication.
- Be sure that your document is complete and formatted correctly before uploading.
- Individual poems in a manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, journals, anthologies, or chapbooks, but the work as a whole must be unpublished. If applicable, include with your manuscript an acknowledgments page for prior publications.
- There is a non-refundable submission fee of $27 payable through Submittable.
- Submit your poetry here.