Deadline: May 29, 2022
Entry fee: $27
About the competition
The Award is open to unrepresented and unpublished authors for a novel in any adult fiction genre
Winner: £1,000 + Agent Introduction
Runner up: Manuscript Review + Agent Introduction
Highly Commended: Agent Introduction
To Enter Simply click on the Pay Now Button.
You will be directed to PayPal to make one payment of £20 per entry.
After the payment is successful, you will be directed to the submission page automatically.
This year we are offering a minimum of 20 free entries for UK-based writers on low incomes.
If there are more than twenty applications the most promising submissions will be selected by the BPA team.
- Please enter through the link on our website
- Upload your opening chapter or chapters up to 5000 words plus a 300 word synopsis and a covering letter with some information about yourself/career as a writer. Your submission should be three separate documents.
- Please ensure that the file name is the title of the story and ensure that this is also in the subject line of your email.
- Entries must be in either a doc., docx, or pdf. No other formats will be accepted.
- Entries must be double spaced in a clear font (Times New Roman or similar) and pages numbered.
- The novel’s title must be on every page but your name should not appear anywhere on the story.
- The covering letter should include the following details: your name, the title of your novel, your email address and telephone number, a brief CV or publication history and the genre of your novel if applicable (e.g. uplit, romance, contemporary, historical, psychological thriller, fantasy, crime, women’s, literary)
- Please tell us how you heard about the BPA First Novel Competition Award? This helps us make the best decisions on marketing to help writers find our Competitions.
- Click on the Pay Now button on the page and pay the fee.
- If payment is made using a different name, it is essential you include that name in the email you send with the story.
- Read the whole guideline and submit here.