Deadline: June 30, 2023
Entry Fee: £3
About the Competition
Our 2023 Competitions will follow the formula that has made them so popular over the past years. All four categories return, complete with an enticing range of prize money to be won, followed by a celebratory Poetry Reading and Prize Giving which will take place on Monday 30 October 2023 as an integral part of our 31st Festival
The competitions are open to everyone.
- Open Poetry Competition – Poems may be on any subject. Poems must not exceed 35 lines of text in length.
- Short Story Competition – Stories may be on any subject. Stories should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words in length.
- Book for Children Competition – The competition will judge writing for children, age 7 and up. This includes writing for young adults. You may submit either the first two chapters or the first twenty pages, whichever is the shortest, together with a synopsis of up to two pages.
- Young Poets Competition – Entrants to the Young Poets Competition must be aged 16 to 22 inclusive. Poems may be on any subject. Poems must not exceed 35 lines of text in length.
- All entries must be in English.
- At the time of entry, the work submitted must not have been entered into any other competition and must not have been published in any format or location.
- For more competition guidelines please click here