Deadline: April 30, 2022
Entry fee: $35
About the contest
Any novels between 50,000 and 200,000 words that are in the realm of action/adventure/thriller/mystery – and chocked-full of adventure – are welcome. New and previously published books welcome, though you must have sold or given away less than 10,000 books of the title(s) you enter. We do not accept sci-fi, fantasy, horror or young children’s books. See our website for info on rules and entering.
We know you just want validation of your talent and some bragging rights, but due to the kindness and generosity of the Cussler family, there are new cash prizes and some other goodies!*
- One AWC Grandmaster Award: $1000.
- Two AWC Finalist Awards: $500.
- Consideration by Braveship Books for publishing and/or marketing
- Interviews of the top 3 finalists if they attend the Clive Cussler Collector’s Society Convention and/or the AWC Award Ceremony.
- Book trailer production (limited) and interview for posting on AWC website and YouTube.
- A “Clive Trophy” for all the finalists and Grandmaster winners.
- Entries must be submitted and fees collected any time after 12:00:00 AM PST January 1, 2022 and before 11:59:59 PM PST on April 30, 2022.
- Authors can create as many entries as desired, though each will require a separate fee and entry form with appropriate attachments and information.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a $35.00 fee. Except as otherwise provided in the rules, this fee is non-refundable. NOTE: all fees are used to promote the competition and fund prizes. No member of the Society or any person associated with the AWC receives any direct monetary benefit or remuneration from the AWC.
- Each entry will consist of payment of fees and receipt of a correctly formatted electronic manuscript by the Director of Submissions.
- Do yourself a favor and help your chances: read the Helpful Hints and FAQ page!