Deadline: November 14, 2022
Entry fee: £4
About the competition
The competition is organized by Café Writers, a literary organization based in Norwich, England.
The competition is open to anyone.
You may submit poems of up to 40 lines. Entries must be your own original work and in English.
Entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or broadcast.
The competition will be judged by Jennifer Wong.
- Closing date for receipt of entries: 14th November 2022
- The maximum length for each poem is 40 lines excluding the title. Breaks between stanzas do not count towards the total of 40 lines
- The Prize is open to anyone other than Café Writers committee members.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or broadcast.
- We regret that entries cannot be returned.
- Entries must be in English.
- Each poem should be sent as a separate document [if entering by email] or start on a separate page [if entering by post] and have no identifying marks other than the title.
- No corrections can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded.
- Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author, but Café Writers will have the unrestricted right to publish the winning poems on its website and in competition publicity.
- The Norfolk Prize is awarded to a permanent Norfolk resident, for a poem not winning another prize.
- The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
- Enter the competition here.