Deadline: November 30, 2022
Entry fee: $5
About the competition
The Sandy Crimmins National Prize for Poetry annual national poetry prize features a first place $1,000 cash award. Three runners up will each receive a $250 cash award. The winning and runner up poems are published in the Spring issue. These poems and honorable mentions appear online. The Crimmins Prize celebrates risk, innovation, and emotional engagement. We especially encourage poets from underrepresented groups and backgrounds to send their work.
- Submission deadline: November 30, 2022.
- The $5 fee covers the submission of (1) one single poem up to three pages in length. Each poem must be submitted individually. Multiple poems submitted in the same document will not be considered.
- Poets may submit as many individual poems as they like so long as they are each in a single document. There will be a $5 fee for each submission.
- Submission fees are not refundable.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted; however, we must be notified immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. If your simultaneously submitted poem is accepted elsewhere, please WITHDRAW your submission as soon as possible. And congratulations!
- We will only consider work previously unpublished in print or online.
- Poets currently residing in the United States are eligible.
- All submissions should use a 12 pt font and standard typeface (not Comic Sans or Impact, etc.).
- Poets should only upload Word documents [.doc, .docx]. The AUTHOR’S NAME SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN THE UPLOADED DOCUMENT.
- Submissions will be accepted via the website. If you have any trouble uploading to the site, please email [email protected].
- Submit your entry here.