Deadline: August 20, 2023
Entry fee: £5
About the competition
Win a full novel report in the competition for unpublished novels and novellas
Now in its fifth year, the Page 100 Competition from independent publisher Louise Walters Books invites entries of 100 of a novel or novella manuscript.
The competition is for unpublished novel and novella manuscripts of a minimum 20,000 words. Shortlisted writers will be asked to send their full manuscripts.
The winner will receive a full manuscript editorial report for their novel or novella. Two runners up will each receive a submission package report, and three shortlisted writers will receive feedback on their p100.
The entry fee is £5. Free entries are available on request for working class/low income writers.
- The comp is for unpublished novels and novellas, in any genre including children’s fiction – but please don’t enter any project with an overall word count of under 20,000 words.
- Open to any writer, of any age, from anywhere, writing in English.
- The important bit: please send your page 100 ONLY. This year, no other pages are required at any stage of the competition until the top three entries have been decided upon.
- If your page 100 begins or ends mid-sentence, no problem, leave as is. If your page 100 is at the beginning or end of a chapter and has just a few lines, ie, not a complete page, then send the closest full page to page 100. No need to let me know if this is the case, just send.
- The fee is £5.00 per entry. You can enter as many as you like, all at £5.00 each. I’ve dropped the price this year as I know most of us are struggling. If this fee is a barrier I can offer free entries to working-class/low-income writers. Drop me an e-mail at submission[email protected] and I’ll sort that out for you.
- All entries to be emailed as a Word doc or a PDF with no identifying info on the entry. I’m sorry but any entries that include names or any other ID will be disqualified and no refunds given. (It happens every year! Please double-check.)
- You can pay the entry fee at my website bookshop. Please pay first, then enter. Once you have paid you will be given a five-digit order number which you then need to put in your subject header when you send your entry, EG, 11999.
- Read the whole guideline and submit an entry here.