Deadline: October 24, 2022
About the competition
Who creates Sixfold? Everyone. All-writer-voted and open to all, Sixfold three-round manuscript voting is the most rigorous, thorough, fair, and transparent editorial selection process available. To create each issue, hundreds of writers vote to select the best fiction and poetry manuscripts with much more discernment than any other editorial.
Join the vote proven to work. Put in the better manuscript and it wins. Hundreds of writers in each vote create extremely dependable conditions for discovering the highest-quality manuscripts. 20 votes and thousands of writers participating show that in each vote:
• Writers consistently choose only the best manuscripts to win and publish, regardless of school or style. The up to 78 writers voting on each manuscript make it impossible not to find the best writing. No high-quality manuscripts are missed.
• Voting writers’ ranking of a manuscript equals the overall quality of the manuscript. Excellent feedback for everyone: final ranking and comments from so many voters accurately reflect how the manuscript would fare in any slush pile at any other editorial.
Win-win for the greater good. The better-written manuscript wins. Everyone participating benefits. Each writer’s opinion directly selects all winning and published manuscripts. Each manuscript is part of a selection process better than any other. Each writer receives voting and comment feedback in 36 days. All issues are free to read.
- Two prizes of $1,000 each and publication in Sixfold are given quarterly for a group of poems and a short story.
- Using only the online submission system, submit up to five poems totaling no more than 10 pages or up to 20 pages of prose with a $5 entry fee by October 24.
- For each of 3 rounds, you read, comment, and vote on 6 randomly assigned manuscripts in your genre. Rank-vote your manuscripts as Best, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th. You must read and vote in each of 3 rounds (total of 18 manuscripts in 36 days) for your own manuscript to remain in each round. Round 1 runs from Aug. 1 to voting deadline of Aug. 12. Round 2 from Aug. 13 to Aug. 24. Round 3 from Aug. 25 to Sept. 5. The highest-voted manuscript in each genre wins $1000. The top 15 short stories and the top 30 sets of poems are published. All issues free to read online, and as e-book and PDF. Paperback at around $10. Sixfold is not-for-profit.
- Submit your entry here.