Deadline: December 1, 2022
Entry fee: £6
About the competition
The CFA seeks to publicise original, mould-breaking works of fantasy from self-published and unpublished authors. 2022 is our inaugural year!
Our site will showcase each year’s top 3 novelists; the winner receiving a cash prize of £2500, with £1200 for second and £600 for third place. Our website will also feature all 12 shortlisted candidates and their work, and each of these 12 will receive constructive feedback from our judges.
If you are a self-published or unpublished author who would like to compete for our award, please email the first 10,000 words of your manuscript, along with a single page synopsis, to the address below. All novels entered for the prize must be at least 50,000 words; we shall request full manuscripts from the shortlisted 12. Entry is a mere £6 to help cover prize costs, plus we will never spam you with adverts for writing courses, proofreaders, copy editors, 1-on-1 tutorials, marketing videos, secret recipes for perfect bacon sandwiches or luxury timeshares on the moon. Chimera is about sponsoring indie talent – we won’t reap dubious profits from the fields of your dreams.
- Submissions are overseen by our team of judges and the judges’ decisions are final.
- Refunds cannot be given, nor can entries be retracted, so make sure your entry is polished and carefully checked before submitting.
- If you are shortlisted but do not wish your name or work to appear on our website, for whatever reason, please contact us and we will act according to your wishes.
- All submission fees are used to furnish the prize pot. Any profits made will help line the pot for 2023.
- Submitting an entry to our contest means you agree to abide by our terms and conditions.
- Submit your entry here.