Deadline: August 31, 2022
Entry fee: $7
About the competition
Take part in the third Ovacome Writing Competition for the chance to win some great prizes and have your short story posted on the Ovacome website. You’ll be helping to raise funds for our ovarian cancer support services and awareness projects.
First Prize: £250
Runner up prize: £50 Waterstones book voucher
The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 with a UK bank account. You can enter a short story with a maximum word count of 1,500 words.
Enter any time between 9:00am 1 April 2022 and 11pm on the 31 August 2022 – the winner and runner up will be announced mid-December 2022.
The theme for the 2022 Ovacome Writing Competition is ‘Perspective’. This theme can be interpreted in many different ways – the possibilities are endless!. Your short story does not have to be about health or ovarian cancer.
Creative writing promotes happiness and mental wellbeing, so this is a great opportunity to express yourself, whether you are an experienced writer or have never written a story before. We can’t wait to read your inspiring and creative stories!
The competition is judged by call the midwife stars Jenny Agutter and Stephen McGann.
- Click here to read our competition terms & conditions.
- Register for the competition below by paying your £5 entry fee and entering your information.
- Click here to download your application form. This is where you will write your story and confirm your details.
- Email your application form to [email protected]
- Read this document which provides helpful advice on short story writing from our judges.
- Enter the competition here.
If you have any questions about the Ovacome writing competition, please email [email protected]