Deadline: April 1, 2024
Entry fee: £7
About the competition
The competition is organized by The Rialto poetry magazine. The Rialto works in association with the RSPB, BirdLife International, Cambridge Conservation Initiative and The University of Leeds Poetry Centre.
Poems are invited that deal with any aspect of nature and place – these terms will be given a wide interpretation by the judge Zaffar Kunial.
Poems must have a title and must be no more than 40 lines, excluding the title.
Poems must be written in English.
Poems must be the original work of the entrant and must not have been published, self-published or published online or broadcast.
The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18.
- Closing date of the Competition is midnight on April 1 2024.
- The Competition is open to anyone over the age of 18, other than Rialto team members and staff of the RSPB, CCI, UK staff of BirdLife International and the University of Leeds Poetry Centre.
- Poems must have a title and must be no more than 40 lines, excluding the title, and be typed in black ink on one side of A4.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant and must not have been published, self-published or published online or broadcast. Poems are judged anonymously so the poet’s name address etc., MUST NOT appear on the poem.
- Poems must be written in English.
- No corrections can be made to poems entered, nor can fees be refunded.
- Entries cannot be returned.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.