Deadline: December 20, 2022
Entry fee: £9
About the competition
If you know what INFINITY means to you, or you’d like to find out, then please join Periscope’s journey towards new frontiers as we seek to award this prize for the best short fiction of 2022. Periscope are seeking a wide range of interpretations on the theme, seen through unique lenses and offering cocktails of genres.
The First Prize of £1,500 will be awarded to a work of 1000-2000 words that surprises and pulses with inspiration.
The contest is open to writers over 18 across the globe who submit work before midnight on December 20th 2022. An entry feedback option is available on request.
- Contestants must be 18+ by Dec 20th 2022
- Contestants are to submit entries by email to: [email protected]
- Submissions must be sent as .doc or .docx (.pdf as a last resort) files, attached to the email. Please do not paste your entry into the email body.
- Submissions must contain an original title (obligatory) and be prose-based. Do not place any identifying information on the submission document. This is to allow for fair adjudication.
- Submissions should be typed in a standard 12pt font with no frills, and double-spaced.
- For administrative purposes, we ask that you type: PERISCOPE OPEN in the email subject line. Please add some basic contact information, your real name (and a brief bio if you want to brighten the coordinator’s day) in the email body.
- A fee request will be sent from PayPal on receipt of your submission. Prior to this, you will receive a confirmation email (within 48 hours of submitting).
- All prize monies will be transferred by PayPal within four weeks of notification.
- We ask for one-time publication rights in regard to the winner and honourable mentions. Authors retain all other rights to their work.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us immediately so we can withdraw your entry if it has been successful elsewhere.
- Please do not submit work that has been successful in another contest or published elsewhere (bar your personal website).
- Material that is discriminatory or blatantly offensive will be disregarded in whole.
- We support equal opportunities for writers and extend the same welcome to all individuals, regardless of background, identification or personal mythology.
- Results will be announced by 1st Feb 2022. Prior to this, progressing contestants will be notified personally about the shortlist.
- The decisions of the adjudicators are respected and considered final.
- Read the whole guideline and enter the competition here.