Every day, writers like you feel stumped by some of the many things one has to master to write, publish, and market a book. As Valley of Writers, we have started compiling answers to some of the many questions writers ask.
You will find the questions we have answers to at this link. On this page we list some of the questions we are still finding answers to. If you would like to help us answer any of these questions, please do. Send the question and your answer to us via the feedback form on our contact page and if we publish your answer we will include a link to your website and a one line bio.
Questions About Writing
- How can I make my writing more authentic, more genuine?
- How do you deal with writer’s block?
- How important are small errors of grammar, spelling, and punctuation on the understanding of a text?
- How can I become a more prolific fiction writer?
- When writing your story or memoir, how did you get over your fear of not appearing perfect?
- How does one know if their life story is worthy of becoming a memoir?
- How do you learn to write a novel? How do you get started? Is there a set of rules and procedures to follow?
- How do I know what my writing style is?
- How do you come up with ideas for fiction? What steps do you take to launch an idea and make a novel out of it?
- How do I write a good book title?
Questions About the Writer Life
- What books have helped you most as a writer?
- How do you avoid feeling isolated during the tedious writing process?
Questions About Publishing
- Does every new writer need an agent?
- How much does an agent cost?
- What’s your best advice to deal with rejection?
- What are the best places to publish your writing articles and monetize them?
- How can I get my manuscript read if I don’t have an agent?
Questions About Marketing
- How do I build an author platform?
- How do I get my book published?
- Should I wait until I have a book published before I start a blog or social media?
Questions About Tech
None right now.