Deadline: March 1, 2022
Maureen Egen Writers Exchange Award introduces emerging writers to the New York City literary community. Writers from the state of Nebraska are invited to apply for the 2022 Maureen Egen Writers Exchange Award. One fiction writer and one poet will be selected.
- A $500 honorarium;
- An all-expenses-paid trip to New York City in Fall 2022 to meet with editors, agents, publishers, and other writers. Winners will give a public reading, hosted by Poets & Writers.
- One-month residency at the Jentel Artist Residency Program in Wyoming.
Sandra Beasly, past winner of the Maureen Egan Writers Exchange Award.
- Poetry manuscripts should not exceed ten pages, single or double-spaced (minimum of 7 pages).
- Fiction manuscripts should not exceed 25 pages and must be double-spaced.
- Fiction manuscripts may include stories and/or excerpts from novels. Published work may be included; however, no reprints from books or magazines are acceptable.
- Published work must be retyped to conform with the rest of the manuscript and should not be identified as published work.
- All work must be original and written in English; translations are not eligible. There are no restrictions on style or subject matter
How to Enter:
Email a manuscript and a signed application entry form to [email protected] with the subject line “WEX 2022 Submission.”
Your name or address should not appear anywhere in the manuscript. Manuscripts must be .doc or .pdf; other file types will not be opened.
If applying to both categories, attach two separate application entry forms and two separate manuscripts (one for poetry, one for fiction) to the submission email.
Download the guideline and application form here.