The North Street Book Prize is run by Northampton-based Winning Writers. Now in its 6th year, it offers winnings of up to $5,000 plus expert marketing services for a self-published book.
Submissions open from February 15 to June 30, 2020.
Submit one or more self-published books in these categories:
- Mainstream/Literary Fiction
- Genre Fiction
- Creative Nonfiction & Memoir (definition)
- Children’s Picture Book
- Graphic Novel & Memoir
- Not currently accepted: books by deceased authors, anthologies with 3+ authors, history, biography, self-help, how-to, reference, cookbooks, education, travel guides, middle-grade books for ages 8-12, political or religious tracts, translations of the work of other people.
Length limit: 200,000 words maximum. You may submit a collection of short stories or essays as a single entry. No restriction on age of author. No restriction on year of publication. Submit an ebook or a printed book. All countries eligible except Syria, Iran, North Korea, and Crimea (due to US government restrictions).
- One grand prize winner will receive $5,000, a marketing analysis and one-hour phone consultation with Carolyn Howard-Johnson, a $300 credit at BookBaby, and 3 free ads in the Winning Writers newsletter (a $525 value)
- The top winner in each category will receive $1,000, a marketing analysis and one-hour phone consultation with Carolyn Howard-Johnson, a $300 credit at BookBaby, and one free ad in the Winning Writers newsletter (a $175 value)
- One honorable mention in each category will receive $250
- We will publish online excerpts (1,000-6,000 words) from all entries that win a prize, along with critiques from the judges
All contestants receive a free PDF download of How To Get Great Book Reviews Frugally & Ethically by Carolyn Howard-Johnson and free guides from BookBaby.
The results of our sixth contest will be announced on February 15, 2021.
$65 per book.
MORE INFO & SUBMISSION
On the Winning Writers website.