Palette Poetry, an initiative that endeavors to uplift and engage emerging and established poets, is seeking entries for the 2020 edition of its prize.
The goal of Palette Poetry is to “simply find and publish the best poetry we can, no matter its roots in craft.” The winning poet, to be selected by this year’s guest judge, 2019 Pulitzer Prize Winner Forrest Gander, will receive $4,000 and publication.
Palette’s editors will choose the ten finalists, and any honorable mentions they think deserve extra attention. Second and third place will receive $300 and $200, respectively.
- Submissions are open internationally, to any poet writing in English—other languages are okay to include, as long as the meat of the poem is in English.
- We accept simultaneous submissions—just please send us a note if your work is picked up elsewhere (We want to say congrats!).
- There is no page requirement, but submission must be no more than 3 poems. Please submit all your poems in ONE document.
- We do accept multiple submissions, but each submission will include the reading fee.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history.
- Contest closes on August 16, 2020.
- Includes a $20 Reading fee.