Deadline: March 15, 2022
Reading Fee: $20
About the contest
The contest is open to a wide variety of book-length nonfiction manuscripts. We are especially interested in collections of literary essays, but will consider memoirs, mixed-genre works, works combining essays and original visual art, speculative nonfiction, and other hybrid works.
How to enter the contest
- The winner(s) and multiple finalists may be declared at the conclusion of the contest. The winner(s) of this contest will be offered publication by Eastover Press and a prize of $2,000 upon successful completion of a contract for publication. Finalists in the contest may also be considered for publication by the Press.
- A reading fee of $20 must be paid for each entry. Reading fees are nonrefundable.
- Entries can be made on our Submittable page during the reading period for the Prize. Manuscripts may be no fewer than 125 and no more than 250 pages.
- The competition is open to manuscripts written in the English language from writers 18 and older who live in the United States or one of its territories.
- Previously published story collections, including self-published collections available in print or as an ebook, are not eligible for this contest.
- Submit your entry here.