Deadline: 28 February 2022
New writers, established writers, and writers in other anthologies are all equally welcome.
The theme for 2022 is “Evergreen”. This can of course refers to the Christmas tree. There can also be a green agenda here. What might we do to keep our planet ever green? Or you can go for the symbolic. Isn’t the Christmas tree a symbol of hope?
- They will offer royalties of 50% of the net sales on both print and e-books.
- You may also register for ALCS and PLR (British and Irish) pro-rata. Percentages are advised on your contract.
- They will also offer author discounts of 25% on all Bridge House Books and sister imprints, The Red Telephone and Chapeltown Books, in hard copy. If you order 51 or more books the discount rises to 35%. So you may order multiple copies of your books or mix and match with others. For orders of 5 or more, we also waive shipping costs – normally £1.50 per book. With your first order of 5 books, they also include one free copy.
- Please name your file as your story anthology e.g. The Batman’s Wife Evergreen
- Texts should be: Between 1,000 and 5,000 words
- Previously unpublished
- Double-spaced (Please do not put an extra double-space between paragraphs but do indent new paragraphs – use the Word paragraph settings to set this up)
- In a regular font – e.g. Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point
- Your name should not appear anywhere on your text.
- Please use the header and footer function in Word to create headers and footers. Include the title of your story and the anthology in the header and page numbers in the footer.
Read the full guideline here.
Submit your work via this link.