Deadline: December 27, 2022
About the competition
The Story of the Year Contest is back for the sixth year, seeking diverse short stories that are ‘easy to read, and hard to put down.’
The 2022 competition will run from October 4th to December 27th and will feature four distinct award categories. Winners will be announced March 7, 2023 to receive over $12,000 in cash prizes, in addition to publication in both digital and print form. Winning stories and those selected as runners-up will be included in the Storyshares library, which is currently serving students in libraries and classrooms across all 50 states and over 180 countries. This is an opportunity for writers to not only expose their work to a large, established network of readers, but moreover, for their words to become part of the mission to improve literacy outcomes for teens and young adults across the globe. This is an opportunity to change lives, and make a difference.
Entry is free, unlimited, and open internationally.
- Log in to your account or use the Sign-up for Free button in the top left main navigation to create a user profile at no cost.
- Click “Write” in the main navigation, followed by “Start writing.” Welcome to your writing workshop dashboard!
- From here, you have two options for submitting. Click “Start New Book” to use our custom book-building tool, or click “Upload New Book” to submit a word document.
- If you encounter any problems or have any questions, please reach out to [email protected]. Happy writing!
- Read the whole guideline here.
- Enter the competition here.