Deadline: March 31, 2023
Entry fee: €15
About the competition
The Caterpillar Poetry Prize is an annual prize for an unpublished poem written by an adult for children aged 7–11.
Every year since 2015, The Caterpillar Poetry Prize has been awarded to a single poem by a single judge – among them John Hegley, Chrissie Gittins, Roger McGough and Michael Morpurgo.
- The Prize is open to anyone (over 16), as long as the work is original and previously unpublished.
- The poems can be on any subject.
- The entry fee is €15 per poem. You can ENTER ONLINE or send your poem(s) along with a cheque or postal order (Irish only) made payable to ‘The Moth Magazine Ltd.’ with an ENTRY FORM or a cover letter with your name and contact details and the title of your poem(s) attached to: The Caterpillar, Ardan Grange, Milltown, Belturbet, Co. Cavan, Ireland H14 K768.
- **If you are concerned about formatting online, please go through the online process and then email your poem as a Word attachment with your entry number directly to [email protected]**
- Please remember to READ THE RULES of the competition before you enter.
- CLOSING DATE 31 MARCH 2023
- The winner will be announced in June 2023.
- Call 00 353 (0)87 2657251 or email [email protected] for more details.