Deadline: August 30, 2022
Entry fee: €15
About the competition
Established to recognise and encourage creative writing and provide a platform for publication, this short story award is open to original and previously unpublished short stories in the English language by a writer of any nationality, living anywhere in the world. Stories submitted must be on the theme of ‘Courage’ and not exceed the maximum of 1,500 words. Writers can submit as many entries as they wish.
It is not a requirement, but is advisable to refer to Anthology magazine or purchase a copy before submitting your work, so that you can see the type of material we publish.
- To enter, submit an original, unpublished short story, written in English on the subject of ‘Courage’ with a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Entry fee: €15 per story. Deadline for entries 30 August 2022.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit. Each submission will require a separate entry form and is subject to a separate entry fee.
- There is no age limit.
- Submissions will be judged on literary merit, originality and readability.
- Once selected, the winner will be contacted by email or telephone.
- Copyright remains with the author but Anthology reserves the right to be the first to publish or arrange a broadcast of selected works. The right to use the stories to further publicise this award is also retained.
- Submission of a written piece implies the author’s acceptance of the rules and conditions.
- Prize money will be paid on publication of the winning Short Story in Anthology Magazine.
- Submit your entry here.