Deadline: September 30, 2022
About the competition
Gold Line Press is accepting manuscripts for its 2022 contest from August 1 until September 30, 2022.
We invite submissions of nonfiction, fiction, and poetry that are chapbook-length as a key element of their concept. Our judges this year are K-Ming Chang in fiction, Courtney Faye Taylor in poetry, and Sarah Minor in Nonfiction.
Length: 20-30 pages of poetry, 7500-15000 words of prose.
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
Gold Line Press is affiliated with the PhD in Creative Writing & Literature Program at the University of Southern California.
- Manuscripts must be 20-30 pages in length for poetry entries, and 7,500-15,000 words for fiction and nonfiction entries (not including the title page and table of contents). Please submit your manuscript typed in font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
- Manuscripts should be paginated with a table of contents at the beginning, unless the form of the book does not warrant it.
- Individual poems/short stories/essays may have been previously published, but the work as a whole must be original and unpublished.
- The manuscript must be in English. Translations are ineligible.
- The $15 entry fee ($18 for applicants outside the US or Canada) includes a copy of the winning chapbook in your genre.
- For entrants who are (1) part of literary affinity groups for queer writers or writers of color (Cave Canem, CantoMundo, Kundiman, Lambda Literary, etc.) (2) facing financial hardship, you may be eligible to have your entry fee waived. Please email [email protected] for a fee waiver.
- All manuscripts must be received by SEPTEMBER 30, 2022 via Submittable.
- We do not accept hard copy submissions. Any manuscripts and checks we receive in the mail will be shredded and recycled without being read.