Deadline: February 29, 2024
About the competition
The theme for the 2024 is “Good News…?” Ideas here
New writers, established writers and writers we’ve included in other anthologies are all equally welcome.
- Please name your file as your story antholgy e.g. Finding the Butterfleis Good news ….?
- Try to avoid having the word “Good News” in your title but if you must make sure there are other words.
- Texts should be: Between 1,000 and 5,000 words
- Previously unpublished
- Double-spaced (Please do not put an extra double-space between paragraphs but do indent new paragraphs – use the Word paragraph settings to set this up)
- In a regular font – e.g. Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point
- Your name should not appear anywhere on your text.
- Please use the header and footer function in Word to create headers and footers. Include the title of your story and the anthology in the header and page numbers in the footer.
- Please adhere to these guidelines even if they sound pernickety – it really helps us if you submit this way. Although we wouldn’t necessarily reject your story if it was fantastic and you’d done something a little out of kilter, if you’re borderline or your story is very similar to another this could be a deciding factor.
- Check out the whole guideline and submit an entry here.