Deadline: December 15, 2023
About the competition
The Competition is open to any writer, regardless of nationality, aged 18 or older, who has never been the author of any Published Novel (in any genre), as defined by the guidelines below, (except that authors of self-published works only may enter, as long as the manuscript submitted is not the self-published work) and is not under contract with a publisher for publication of a novel. Employees, and members of their immediate families living in the same household, of Minotaur Books or Mystery Writers of America (or a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of either of them) are not eligible to enter. Only one manuscript entry (the “Manuscript”) is permitted per writer. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- The competition is sponsored by Minotaur Books and Mystery Writers of America.
- Theme: Murder or another serious crime or crimes is at the heart of the story. The event is free to enter.
- The Competition is open to any writer, regardless of nationality, aged 18 or older, who has never been the author of any Published Novel (in any genre).
- All Manuscripts submitted must be original works of book length (no less than 220 typewritten pages or approximately 60,000 words) written in the English language.
- The winning manuscript will be published by Minotaur Books. The winner will receive an advance against future royalties of $10,000.
- Read the whole guideline and submit your entry here.