Deadline: June 30, 2023
Entry Fee: Free
About the Competition
Bring us your stories about what you think makes for great writing. In 600 words, enlighten and move us with your writing experiences. From grammar tips and style issues to courage, determination and willpower, tell us about the best writing advice that works for you.
We’ve been collecting your stories about being a writer at the Writers College since our first My Writing Journey Essay Competition in 2011. For more than ten years, you’ve educated and entertained us with your best writing advice and how it affected your own path as a writer.
The winner will receive NZ $200 (R2 000 or £100), plus we’ll publish the best piece on our blog and in an anthology of essays.
- Send in your entry in the body of the email, not as an attachment.
- Use the subject line ‘My Writing Journey Competition’ in your email.
- Entries must be no more than 600 words and must be the author’s original work.
- Use Times New Roman size 12 or Arial size 11.
- Entry is free.
- All submissions and enquiries can be sent to Nichola: [email protected]
- For more Competition Guidelines, Click here