Deadline: January 16, 2023
About the competition
Oscar’s Book Prize is an annual prize for the best picture book of the year for young children. As of 2021, the Prize awards the winner(s) £10,000. The prize is awarded in memory of Oscar Ashton and runs in partnership with Amazon, supported by the Evening Standard.
Thank you so much to everyone who entered the 2022 prize – and huge congratulations to our shortlist. Our congratulations extend especially to Chris Haughton for his mischief and humour-filled book Maybe…, which was crowned winner on 17th May. You can read more about this vibrant winner here (in fact, you can watch our judges read it!)
We would also like to thank our amazing longlist and shortlist judging panels who undertook a task which is both incredibly fun and utterly unenviable – reading all of these gorgeous picture books and trying to choose between them!
Oscar’s Book Prize 2023, our tenth prize, will be accepting entries from Thursday 1st December 2022. The shortlist will be announced in April 2023 and the winner on 9th May 2023.
Please check our News page or our social media channels (@oscarsbookprize on Twitter and Instagram, and Oscar’s Book Prize on Facebook) where we post all new information (and you can find out about our previous years, too). Our Enter page currently contains all Terms and Conditions of Entry, as well as the link to our online entry form. Good luck!
Thanks so much for sharing our journey – not to mention so many outstanding picture books – with us.
- The submission period for the 2023 Prize – our tenth year – is now open!
- The competition will close for entries at 5pm (BST) on Monday 16th January 2023.
- Please read the rules below before you enter – and good luck! We can’t wait to read all of the fantastic entries this year.
- Read the rules and enter the competition here.
- The prize will accept submissions from 9am BST on Thursday 1st December 2022. The closing date for the receipt of submissions from publishers is 5pm BST, Monday 16th January 2023.